Welcome to my low carbon footprint website.
This web page emits the amount of carbon that 1 tree absorbs in a year.
marianna.maruyama [at] gmail.com
upcoming and recent
August - Trojan Horse Summer School (HELSINKI)
July - essay "Studio Hémon" published by Archive Books in the series "Abstracting Parables" (BERLIN)
- Museo du Petit Format, works on paper exhibited at the Paper Biennale. Until Dec 31. (NISMES)
- working on a book with support from The Mondriaan Fund, the KNIR/KNAW fellowship, and Gemeente Den Haag
- solo exhibition "Six Blue Things" and artist-in-residence at Page Not Found: Living Archives, including a public program in Spring-Summer 2022 with the support of Gemeente Den Haag
- public talk in Rome with Entomologist Silvia Ghesini (U.Bologna) and Curator Virginija Januškevičiūtė (CAC Vilnius) on July 1, 2021 here (ROME)
- natural ink workshop by Greta Desirèe Facchinato at Page Not Found in the context of my program Living Archives. 24 June 2022 (THE HAGUE)
- presentation and live reading at the Dag van Rome about my artist residency at the Royal Netherlands Institute Rome - KNIR. At Tolhuistuin (AMSTERDAM)
Blood, Sweat and Fears (2020)
Termite Cities (2020)
Profanatory Translation: on Sedje Hémon in Kunstlicht (2017)
Marianna Maruyama is an artist and writer geolocated in The Hague. She is interested in love and translation. Her work has been performed and exhibited in the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam (NL), documenta14 Parliament of Bodies, Kassel (DE), The Jewish Historical Museum, Amsterdam (NL), Manifesta 11, Zurich (CH), The Centraal Museum, Utrecht (NL), IMPAKT festival, Utrecht (NL) and CAC Vilnius (LT). Selected publications include: Performing Security (The Fifth Season, 2019); Translation as Method (Kunstlicht, 2017), Three Movements (Casco/DAI, 2013), Farocki’s Living Room (Harun Farocki Institut, 2018). Since 2016, she has been active as an artist-researcher at the invitation of the Sedje Hémon Foundation in The Hague.
copyright Marianna Maruyama 2022