Welcome to my low carbon footprint website.
This web page emits the amount of carbon that 1 tree absorbs in a year.
marianna.maruyama [at] gmail.com
- March 16 live sound-poetry improvisation with Hessel Veldman at OCCI (Amsterdam) in a program with Secluded Bronte. Tickets here.
- March 17 live sound-poetry improvisation with Hessel Veldman at Pletterij (Haarlem) for Springtij '23. Tickets here.
- May 11 DEARS Reads - live reading from "A lifetime, perhaps a bit longer" at Istituto Svizzero (Milano)
- June 10 Opening of exhibition at Manifold Books (Amsterdam)
- working on a book with support from The Mondriaan Fund, the KNIR/KNAW fellowship, and Gemeente Den Haag
- co-editing a book for publication in 2023, details to be announced
- performance December 17th 2022, in Utrecht as part of "Forest Room Variations", invitation of Klupko (Igor Sevcuk and Go-Eun Im)
- Museo du Petit Format, works on paper exhibited at the Paper Biennale (Nismes, BE/ Musée de l'Ardenne - Charleville-Mézières, FR)
- series of written meditation on horses and libaries published within the artistic platform of Paveldos Institutas (Heritage Institute) in an exhibition at CAC Vilnius
- an interview about my work on termites and decay by Leonor Faber-Jonker published in MetropolisM (print) Oct. 2022
- Parasite Radio (Sonsbeek at Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam) published my radio program "Persuasions" online here.
- solo exhibition "Six Blue Things" and artist-in-residence at Page Not Found: Living Archives, including a public program in Spring-Summer 2022 with the support of Gemeente Den Haag
- public talk in Rome with Entomologist Silvia Ghesini (U.Bologna) and Curator Virginija Januškevičiūtė (CAC Vilnius) on July 1, 2021 here (ROME)
- public talk at Page Not Found with writer and artist Mirthe Berentsen, and curator Virginija Januškevičiūtė on July 16, 2022 (THE HAGUE)
- natural ink workshop by Greta Desirèe Facchinato at Page Not Found in the context of my program Living Archives. 24 June 2022 (THE HAGUE)
- presentation and live reading at the Dag van Rome about my artist residency at the Royal Netherlands Institute Rome - KNIR. At Tolhuistuin (AMSTERDAM)
- essay "Studio Hémon" published by Archive Books in the series "Abstracting Parables" (BERLIN)
- exerpt "A lifetime, perhaps a bit longer" published in DEARS magazine. Read the first page here and order issue no.4 here.
Where are you from? Da dove vieni? (2020)
The Body, The Plane, The Camera (2022)
Blood, Sweat and Fears (2020)
Termite Cities (2020)
Interview in Dutch about Termites and KNIR/KNAW residency (2021)
One Archive Opens the Door to Another (2014)
Profanatory Translation: on Sedje Hémon in Kunstlicht (2017)
Marianna Maruyama is an artist and writer geolocated in The Hague. She is interested in love and translation. Her work has been performed and exhibited in the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam (NL), documenta14 Parliament of Bodies, Kassel (DE), The Jewish Historical Museum, Amsterdam (NL), Manifesta 11, Zurich (CH), The Centraal Museum, Utrecht (NL), IMPAKT festival, Utrecht (NL) and CAC Vilnius (LT). Selected publications include: Performing Security (The Fifth Season, 2019); Translation as Method (Kunstlicht, 2017), Three Movements (Casco/DAI, 2013), Farocki’s Living Room (Harun Farocki Institut, 2018). Since 2016, she has been active as an artist-researcher at the invitation of the Sedje Hémon Foundation in The Hague.
copyright Marianna Maruyama 2023